Therapy Aide - Per Diem - Lake St. Louis Day Institute
SSM Health Day Institute is looking for a PRN Therapy Aide/Driver to join the team at our location in Lake St. Louis, MO!!
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital's Day Institute Program offers a specialized, outpatient rehabilitation program in a flexible full-day format for individuals who can benefit from a comprehensive approach to recovery, but don't necessarily need rehabilitation in the acute hospital setting.
Under the direction of a therapist, the Rehab Aide assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of requested activities. Prepares and maintains equipment and physical plant for daily activities.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, drives the company vehicles making pick-ups and deliveries between facilities, and assisting the Administration team with daily operations.
Rehab Aide performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist, including but not limited to:
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Maintains department and disinfects equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to hospital infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports defective equipment to DOR.
- Ensures maintenance of cleaning logs and refrigerator temperature logs.
Drives the company vehicles in a safe manner according to the written schedule.
Maintains company vehicles in a clean condition, interior and exterior at all times.
Coordinates vehicle maintenance schedule, reports problems with vehicles to supervisor.
Assist with the transport of furniture and supplies between facilities.
Transports patients from patient homes to designated facility for appointments.
Delivers interoffice mail to the appropriate facility at designated times.
Must be computer proficient.
Must be able to utilize the computer to search for directions and location information.
Must be able to utilize GPS.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
One or more years of hospital experience as rehab aide preferred.
Direct patient care experience required.
Current State Driver’s License in good standing required: Acquisition of a Class B license allowing for the operation of a bus is required within three months of employment.
Minimum of one year of work experience as a driver required.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.