SSM Health Rehabilitation Network at DePaul Hospital in Bridgeton MO, is looking for an As Needed Therapy Aide to join the Acute team!
SSM Health Rehabilitation-Acute Care is seeking a As Needed Therapy Aide to join our team at SSM Health DePaul Hospital-Acute. Teamwork and individualized, compassionate patient care provide a basis for learning and professional development in a community hospital atmosphere. Therapy is provided in the areas of orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, neurology, oncology, general medicine and surgery.
The DePaul Ministry of SSM Health is accredited by The Joint Commission as a Center of Excellence for Total Joint Replacement and a Comprehensive Center of Excellence for Stroke. We are a Level II trauma center and a Level I STEMI center serving the north and northwest St Louis County area in Missouri and our neighbors to the east in Illinois. Our diverse and progressive therapy department participates in research and program advancement throughout the 450 bed hospital.
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Maintains department and disinfects equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to hospital infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports defective equipment to DOR.
- Ensures maintenance of cleaning logs and refrigerator temperature logs.
- Follows and assists with facility infection control policies and risk management procedures.
- Assists the DOR with identification of support staff needs for patient care in the rehab treatment areas and coordination of such between rehab and nursing floors.
- Participates in therapeutic dysphagia and feeding program as requested and supervised by the therapists.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One or more years of hospital experience as rehab aide preferred.
- Direct patient care experience required.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.