Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over
48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will use independent judgment to provide clerical services to the patient care units, including correct transcription of orders, filing of all reports and arranging for transportation and follow-up/outside tests.
- Answering the telephone, taking and delivering messages by phone or verbally.
- Maintaining close communication with the Charge Nurse/House Supervisor.
- Handling all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ordering supplies as needed from Materials Management.
- Verifying physician privileges prior to transcribing orders.
- Appropriately transcribing and flagging orders from charts.
- Arranging for transport of patients for tests that are not offered in the hospital.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology, as you will be required to read and update patient charts.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possessing at least one (1) year of Unit Secretary experience.
- Hospital experience is preferred.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Your benefits as a Unit Secretary:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough 6-week orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.