Telemetry Technician (NW Detroit)
- 12 Hour Shift Days
Select Specialty Hospital https://careers.selectmedical.com
As a Telemetry Technician, you will:
- Provide clerical services to the patient care units; be responsible for the correct transcription of orders, filing of all reports, and arranging for transportation and follow-up/outside tests
- Watch the telemetry monitors continuously & identify basic and lethal rhythms, maintain EKG monitor alarms on, identify an artifact, and respond to all alarms and immediately notify licensed nurses of significant change, condition or rhythm
- Runs EKG strips every shift as well as providing an initial EKG interpretation
- Monitors other alarms (pulse-ox) and call lights as requested
- A high school diploma or equivalent; knowledge of medical terms and at least one
- Prior EKG experience and training required
- Knowledge of medical terms
- Must complete and pass EKG class for monitor techs and required competencies within 30 days of start in the role.
Apply from a Different Device
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.