RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (RT)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Develop your career as a clinician with the ability to deal with the most complex respiratory issues. Select Specialty and Regency Hospitals care for patients who are critically ill and need extended acute hospitalization for their recoveries. We are currently seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to join our team. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill-building resources and advancement opportunities.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of critical care nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and physicians to assist patients to regain their ability to function independently.
- Develop relationships with patients and their families.
As a Respiratory Therapist (RT), you will provide quality patient care as a member of the Respiratory Team, develop and ensure the patient plan of care collaboration with physicians, registered nurses, therapists, PT/OT/SLP therapists and nursing assistants.
Other responsibilities of the Respiratory Therapist (RT) position include:
- Evaluating patient and recommends a treatment plan
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions
- Performing insertion and removal of endotracheal tubes
- Performing timely and accurate documentation
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
As a Respiratory Therapist (RT), you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Respiratory Therapist (RT) role include:
- Graduate of a respiratory care program
- Current licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the state
- Being a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Current BLS
- ACLS to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Positive, caring and customer-service-oriented attitude
Our hospitals small team environment allows us to keep our focus where it belongs- on each patient.
We are committed to your growth and success- that’s why we offer an excellent orientation, training and development programs, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply now with an organization that wants to invest in you!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.