Registered Nurse (RN)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
PRN Days and Nights
Practice the true profession of critical care nursing, where your skills are appreciated and developed every day. Select Specialty and Regency Hospitals care for patients who are critically ill and need extended acute hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking registered nurses (RN) to join our team. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill building resources and advancement opportunities.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Utilize all of your nursing skills on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients regain their independence.
- Develop relationships with patients and their families.
- We offer a clinical advancement program for CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse) with additional quarterly incentives up to $1,200.
- We offer a PCCN advancement program with additional quarterly incentives up to $500.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will ensure the nursing care plan is being followed. Working alongside Certified Nursing Assistants, you will work in collaboration with physicians and therapists to ensure the plan of care for the patient population.
Specific responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) include:
- Receiving admissions and/or transfers to the unit
- Initial and on-going systematic patient assessment
- Timely and accurate documentation
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs, telemetry
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
Other requirements of the Registered Nurse (RN) role include:
- Valid RN Registered Nurse license in state of employment
- Critical care experience, a plus
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire
- Skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude
Our hospital has 33 beds, and this small team environment allows us to keep our focus where it belongs- on each patient.
We are committed to your growth and success- that’s why we offer an excellent orientation, training and development programs, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.