Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
PRN - 8-5
Physical Therapy Assistant
Our PTAs will work alongside of the PTs and get to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced critical care environment. You will be reporting to and supporting the PT on site and working with other clinical teams to ensure we are ready to deal with critically ill and medically complex patients. You will be responsible for all physical therapy support activities, assist patients and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness within the context of the hospital environment. You will have an opportunity to learn as a professional and display your customer service skills, improve and implement quality treatment plans.
A Critical Illness Recovery Hospital is similar to an extension of the short-term acute care ICU. We provide a progressive level of acute care, during a longer patient stay, to maximize the clinical benefits from nursing, medical and therapy services. Our patients’ extended stays allow us to get to know them and their families well. What’s more, they get to know us for our valued skills and caring attitude.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of hospital leaders, critical care nurses, physical, pharmacist, respiratory and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians.
- Develop relationships with your employees and make a real difference.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Implements treatment goals, plans, and programs as established by the Physical Therapist
- Assists the Physical Therapist in carrying out the following therapeutic interventions designed to meet the patients’ long term goals: Posture training, Strengthening exercise, Endurance/cardiac training, Balance exercises, Coordination exercise, Joint mobility and muscle lengthening, Pain relief, Functional skills training, Community re-entry training
- Trains patients in locomotion using orthotics, prosthetics, or assistive devices such as canes, crutches, walkers, and wheelchairs. Demonstrates use of gait, belt, and safety awareness. Demonstrates proper guarding techniques.
- Valid PTA
- Current BLS
- Some supervisory experience is preferred hospital experience is preferred
- Positive, caring and customer service attitude
Apply now with an organization that wants to invest in you!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.