Physical Therapist - Residency in Acute Care
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Acute Care Residency
The Acute Care Physical Therapy Residency Program provides residents with a minimum of 12 months of intensive study in the area of Acute Care Physical Therapy, preparing the resident to practice with an advanced level of skill in the acute care setting in preparation for a future ABPTS approved clinical specialty in Acute Care. This accredited program includes direct patient care, mentoring time, didactic education, projects and presentations.
- Program Length: 52 weeks with program entrance date in August each year.
- Application Deadline: February of each year.
- Location: Baylor University Medical Center – Dallas.
- Salary: Residents will receive a salary as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Hospital Division equivalent to new graduate physical therapists.
- Caseload: Consists of patients requiring hospitalization for acute medical conditions in the hospital service lines of Medical/Surgical, Neurological, Orthopedic, Oncology and Cardiopulmonary. Your caseload is adapted for mentoring.
- Benefits: Residents are eligible for benefits as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Hospital Division. This includes, but is not limited to, employer supported health insurance and paid time off.
Residency Eligibility Requirements
- Must be licensed to practice physical therapy in Texas*
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical ability to perform examination and treatment procedures
- Psychological and social stability required for successful completion of the program
- Evidence of commitment to a career in Acute Care practice
- Strong skills in scientific inquiry and writing
- Meet all requirements for employment at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Hospital Division
* Eligible to sit for exam based on graduation requirement being met will be considered.
- Online application through RF-PTCAS
- Personal information form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcript (unofficial) from PT school
Applications due February 15 with on-site interviews held on March 27, 2020
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.