Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Pharmacy Technician - PRN
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will complete a variety of Pharmacy tasks and services and is responsible for the daily operations of the pharmacy within established policies and guidelines of the Pharmacy Department. This position does not provide direct care to patients.
Other responsibilities of the Pharmacy Tech position include:
- Picks up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and prepares medications under supervision of pharmacist
- Delivers the appropriate quantities of the medication to the correct patient area(s).
- Assists with accurate billing and crediting of patient medications
- Maintains drugs in the Pharmacy according to the Drug Formulary and per policy, including ordering, receiving, storage, and filling out all necessary paperwork
- Monitors doses administered according to Medication Administration Record on the narcotics sign-out record. Maintains all forms and reports necessary for the control of narcotics and other controlled substances
As a Pharmacy Tech, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Pharmacy Tech role include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred unless required by the state
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Pharmacy Tech position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.