Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (PRN) DAYS
Practice Pharmacy Technician duties in a Critical Care setting while making a real difference as part of the hospital pharmacy team. Our pharmacy technicians work with interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced critical care environment. You will be reporting and closely collaborating with your Pharmacists and DOP (Director of Pharmacy) and other clinical teams to ensure we are ready to deal with medications for critically ill and medically complex patients.
A Critical Illness Recovery hospital is similar to an extension of the short-term acute care ICU. We provide a progressive level of acute care, during a longer patient stay, to maximize the clinical benefits from nursing, medical and therapy services. Our patients’ extended stays allow us to get to know them and their families well. What’s more, they get to know us for our valued skills and caring attitude.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of hospital leaders, critical care nurses, physical, respiratory and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and physicians.
- Develop relationships with your employees and make a real difference.
- Career advancement opportunities
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will complete a variety of Pharmacy tasks and services and is responsible for the daily operations of the pharmacy within established policies and guidelines of the Pharmacy Department. This position does not provide direct care to patients.
Other responsibilities of the Pharmacy Tech position include:
- Picks up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and prepares medications under supervision of pharmacist
- Delivers the appropriate quantities of the medication to the correct patient area(s).
- Assists with accurate billing and crediting of patient medications
- Maintains drugs in the Pharmacy according to the Drug Formulary and per policy, including ordering, receiving, storage, and filling out all necessary paperwork
- Monitors doses administered according to Medication Administration Record on the narcotics sign-out record. Maintains all forms and reports necessary for the control of narcotics and other controlled substances
- Current license in the state of practice
- Graduation from an Pharmacy Technician program
- Minimum of three (3) years of hospital experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Recent critical care pharmacy experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Positive, caring and customer service attitude
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.