Pharmacist - Lakeway - PRN
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Pharmacist - PRN - Inpatient Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Pharmacist will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of pharmaceutical services provided by the hospital, including drug distribution systems, central operations, and IV admixture.
- Performs all dispensing related functions. Entering medication orders into the computer generated patient profile, preparing, labeling, and dispensing individual medications in accordance with doctor's prescriptions, compounding oral and injectable pharmaceutical preparations using proper aseptic technique, and filling and checking medication cassettes to insure accuracy prior to delivery to the patient care unit. Prepares weekend and day pass medications for patients on leave from the hospital.
- Contacts and confers with physicians regarding any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders. Documents all recommendations and corrective actions taken in a clinical intervention report.
- Performs antibiotic stewardship activities by reviewing pertinent culture and sensitivity information as well as laboratory data and makes therapeutic recommendations based upon these findings.
- Participates in clinical activities which include but are not limited to: attending Team Conferences, participating in patient related rounds, conducting medication management teaching, mentoring pharmacy students during their rotations, processing drug information inquiries and consulting patients and family members on discharge medications.
- Keeps informed on developments and trends inside and outside the organization which relate to assigned functions. Serves as a resource to other departments for information needed. Participates in and contributes to outside professional activities or other projects.
- Consults with physician and nursing staff concerning availability, form, side effects and incompatibilities of currently available drugs. Maintains drug literature source to be at disposal of medical and other professional staff.
Looking for a PRN Pharmacist for every 3rd weekend and 1 major holiday per year. Occasional shifts during the week. No nights.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses):
- Current state licensure as a Pharmacist required.
- Two years of licensed experience in hospital pharmacy required.
- ASHP accredited residency strongly preferred
2019 graduates are not being considered for this PRN role.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.