Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Medical Laboratory Technologist
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Medical Lab Technologist,you will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of laboratory services provided by Select Medical, including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
Other responsibilities of the Medical Lab Technologist position include:
- Utilizes computer skills for ordering, accessioning, and resulting quality controls and patient results
- Utilizes pre-analytical skillsfor phlebotomy, preparing, and evaluating specimens
- Follows laboratory protocols for daily instrument preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, quality controls, and proficiency testing with documentation
- Performs patient testing recognizing factors affecting results, including differences in sex and age
- Accesses patient reports for accuracy using delta checks and notifying the nursing unit of critical results prior to releasing the results to the nursing unit in a timely manner
- Monitors inventory and reports inadequacies to the Lab Manager
- Responds to Physicians and hospital staff in a professional manner, remembering that patient care is our first concern
- Completes annual educational requirements, required continuing education, and maintains current licensure
As a Medical Lab Technologist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Medical Lab Technologist role include:
- Requires completion from a School for Medical Technologist (Clinical Laboratory Scientist)
- Valid Florida Medical Technologist license required
- Current certification from one of the following:
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Bioanalysts (ABB), The National Credentialing Agency of Laboratory Personnel (NCA), or another approved agency
- One year clinical laboratory experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Medical Lab Technician position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.